Thursday, May 7, 2009

AWEA, PT & FMJ

This week is full of acronyms.

Yesterday I spent 4 hours at the AWEA Windpower 2009 Conference & Exhibition. Quite a lot of fun! I ran into people I knew from Austin, filled in at my company's booth for a little bit, convinced the guy running the DeLorme booth to upgrade my broken PN-20 to a PN-40 & met a ton of new people. The only bad part was that after walking around the conference that long with a heavy bag, I needed to take a break and snuggle up with an ice pack.

This morning I went back to physical therapy. No new homework sheets but we started on some exercises in the office involving exercise balls and foam rolling pins. I also learned that Melissa and I are neighbors which is kind of a fun coincidence.

Tonight marked the second Full Moon Jam of the summer fire dancing season. Last month I was able to perform but this month I helped with the setup and the safety team, which was a lot of fun! I got to talk to everyone & carry around a blow torch to light people's tools. Check out this Fire Crew:










I didn't get very good pix of the fire dancing because my little point and shoot is not equipped for long exposures but the yellow arm bands on the safety team looked great!

No comments:

Post a Comment